.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Haircuts + Sandals...

We met up around 2:30 to head to Kaohsiung City for haircuts. It was so exciting to finally have a "girls day" and just take our good ol' time. We walked through a small market street with a few shops, guess what? They had sandals, it was a sandal paradise!!! I found the perfect pair of look-a-like Birkenstocks and they're awesome and like nothing I've really ever seen before, for only about 30 dollars US.

From there we headed to the Bezar Hong Kong Hair Beauty Salon, for what happens to be the best hair cut I've ever had! I brought a picture of a hairstyle I liked, so I was pretty confident the stylist would understand.

First things first, they washed my hair in the cutting chair with a bottle of water and a handful of shampoo [not over a sink]. It totally caught me offguard, but was completely awesome and unexpected! The girl continued to give me an incredible head/neck massage [popular with haircuts in asia] + it made my day! haha After rinsing in the sink, she continued putting more stuff in my hair and massaging... I wasn't about to complain! Then they blew my hair dry, before the cut... a little different than in the US, but I trust that they knew what they were doing...


So finally, after 45 minutes of hair washing and massage the cutting began. About an hour later, she was finished and the final product is spectacular. It sits off my neck, so the heat should be a little more bearable. Gosh I just love it so much-- oh and this all cost $350 NT, about $13 Dollars/US.













For dinner we had mcdonalds [which I don't normally do...] at this crazy designed building with three stories, spiral staircases, modern lamps/tables... really breathtaking for a mickey d's. Lets just say the aesthetics were far more appealing than the food. :) Oh, notice how they sort their trash and recycling.... I am so impressed.









































Random Comment: Today I learned that if you tap your foot on the ground [nervous tap] ,while sitting, it is a very bad thing. For a girl it means you are a bitch, for a guy it means you are poor. Thought that was an interesting meaning....


2 comments:

  1. loves the haircut girlie <3 i want to see a pic of these sandles. & btw that shirt is really baller as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mill. i'll get a pic up of those sandals soon, it took me forever to find the right size. you would love the clothes here girl. miss you!

    ReplyDelete