.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chinese Painting + Presentations

This morning we had an informal presentation of our conceptual models. It went much faster than I originally thought it would, everyone had to present in English. A lot of the models were pretty neat. I spent about 6 hours yesterday finishing mine up. This concept is a shaded space for practicing Tai Chi outside. It has plants/vines on top which drop down into the area for a natural, serene feel, as well as a bench on the other side for resting. It's simple, but I like it. I made two more, but this one is my favorite.








Yesterday in Chinese painting I did a slightly more complex bamboo scene than before. As difficult and tedious as this painting class is, I really enjoy it...I guess you could say I find it somewhat therapeutic.















Later in the class we started doing a floral scene and will start using color when we get back from Hong Kong next week, it's a work in progress. I can't wait to see it finished. I hoping to do as many paintings as possible and get them framed for myself and others. Let me know if you want a bamboo painting and I will try to find the time to make it for you!

I need to pack for our trip to Hong Kong. Our flight leaves tomorrow around 11:30am, we should arrive around 1:30pm. I will try my best to find time to update this during the trip but I'm not sure how much access/time there will be. We get back to Shu-Te on Wednesday, June 10th.


I went to Chinese Cupping again tonight, and they gave me six cups this time! Two on my shoulders, two on my back and one on each arm. It went really well and I think it worked better, this time some are really dark..


2 comments:

  1. I WANT A BAMBOO PAINTING BY LAUREN MILLER!!!!!!! :)

    Laur I love your drawings & paintings what kind of paper are you doing it on?

    & does that cupping make you feel better? that is so wild...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the artist! I'd love to have one of your bamboo paintings. No hurry though, when you get back and have time.

    Love,
    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete