.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Painting Chinese Lanterns

Today in Chinese painting we tried something new + different. We were given rice paper lanterns to paint. It was so much fun! I've never tried painting on a lantern before. I have several hanging in my apartment in Auburn, and now I have a personalized one that will always remind me of Taiwan! It was our last class today, but I would really like to continue painting when I get back to the states. If I have room in my luggage, I might try to buy a painting kit to take back with me.

After lunch I had a few hours of down time that I spent sleeping in the few hours of air conditioning that we are allotted during the daytime [between 12-2pm].

Later in the evening was Chinese class. Today we learned how to tell the date and time

Tomorrow my group is going to start the building process of our model, which is due on Friday, July 3rd.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're paintings are so awesome babes! how exciting!!! :)
    & glad to hear you had a good birthday-- this life abroad sounds like it's treating you well!

    i love & miss you babes. keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete