.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Design Workshop + Whistle Making


The design workshop at NCKU ended yesterday. Our final concept, I think, turned out pretty neat for only having actually designed it in 7 hours. Here is an example of our website interface, done by yours truly.

After the presentations were given, NCKU treated everyone to an incredible Japanese dinner. I've said it before + I'll say it again, I was so blown away by the extravagance of this meal.. .for only about $10/US we ate until we couldn't eat anymore [fried shrimp, tempura, soup, salad, a few other side dishes unknown to me] and they just kept bringing out plates and plates of sushi/sashimi as if it was free water.


Here is a picture of my group..

















This morning in pottery class we were given the assignment to create a whistle out of clay... Little did I know, this was going to be no easy task! I spent a good 2.5 hours tediously trying to make this thing whistle, finally I caved in and asked someone for help. I have no problem admitting when I'm no good at something. Some people were whistling in no time flat... Apparently, I just wasn't supposed to make that damn thing whistle! haha.

Studio ended up being another chaotic affair. It's pretty funny at first, but after 4 hours of yelling and carrying on, you start to feel slightly overwhelmed. Our new assignment is for each person to build 3 scale models of three different concepts by Thursday... hopefully it doesn't take as long as it sounds like it will.

The rest of the day, I've been catching up on sleep. I'm planning on heading back for round two of Chinese Cupping for my shoulders/migraines sometime this week.

Our group leaves for Hong Kong on Friday, until June 10th. The reason we're going, besides sightseeing, is that we don't have Student Visas in Taiwan, so after 30 days we have to leave and come back. Way to beat the system!

Stay tuned for more fun filled adventures from the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment