.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 2 in Hong Kong

We started the day by attending the PolyU design show in Kowloon. It was really quite impressive. They had work from interiors, graphic + industrial design, architecture and a small exhibition on green projects. I wish Auburn's CADC would come together and have a massive show once a year displaying all of our work. PolyU has represented their school very well!. Most all of the display tables were made from stacked cardboard cut outs, there were also some great cardboard benches + chairs, some tables...etc.

















Afterwards, we walked around the city some and ended up taking the craziest double-decker bus trip to Stanley Market. I wish I had video taped the experience, because the roads were twisting up and down these mountains, and I sat at the very front/top seat so I could see everything right as it was happening! I saw every brush with death, every close encounter, it was such a thrill + absolutely hilarious. No worries, we arrived safely to one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. This place has to be some hidden vacation spot for royalty because I have never seen more Maseratis, Ferraris, Mercedes and BMW's all in one vicinity, as I did today!

The market street was a great souvenir spot. I like to shop around too much before deciding on things, so that is one huge flaw of mine! [especially in a group of 11 people] I ended up buying only one gift! Before we left, I saw a coconut stand where they slice open fresh coconuts + you drink the milk. It was great, and felt just like a vacation should!


Hong Kong has been such a great
experience already, its very refreshing
to be here. It's nice to be in a melting
pot again, where it doesn't feel like everyone is staring at you a lot.

Ps. We went to a McDonalds today and I ordered a double hamburger... needless to say, it was truly a Ham Burger... weirdest thing ever! A lot like two patties of canadian bacon... haha but definitely not the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment